Icy Joe Pages 8 and 9

Hello, and welcome back.

This week has been quieter than usual, what with it being the last week of term for all of the schools I work in. Which means that I haven't had quite as much supply teaching work as usual. Happily, B&Q have stepped up to the mark and given me all sorts of zany hours to work. Yay.

On the 'Icy Joe and the King of Cats' front, you will notice a distinct increase in pace as we complete a whole sentence on just one page. I know it may be a little hard to swallow, but I hope you agree that it seems to work well. Seriously though, I needed to show what the main problem of the story was going to be and I wanted to add a few more details of the kind of thing Isaac enjoys. If you look closely, you'll notice that I've altered the Batman and Spiderman outfits slightly. My thinking here was that I might need to avoid claims of copyright infringement. I thought the Iron Man and Superman 'suits' would be less obvious at the time I drew them. I was wrong, clearly, but I didn't think I had time to fix them, so I left them. I can only hope that the copyright owners will see the references for what they are - a tip of the hat to how popular these characters are with little boys of a certain age (5-55).

I have to say that these are the pages I most enjoyed drawing in the whole book.



See you next Monday.

JJ Over and Out

Leave a Response

Post a Comment